- Follow the ISU Environmental Health and Safety Link (Please make sure that your search browser is maximized).
- Login with your Net-ID and Password.
- You will need to search for the course listed below by name and complete the training.
Fire Safety and Fire Extinguisher Training
The online Fire Safety and Extinguisher Training course may be taken to fulfill the training requirement for those who do not have a fire extinguisher required as part of their work environment. This course reviews safety and emergency procedures for preventing and responding to a fire emergency; common ignition sources of fires and good practices for the storage of flammable and combustible materials with the goal of preventing fires; and reviews what to know and do ahead of time in order to be prepared for a fire emergency; the proper steps to take in the event of a fire; and when to use a fire extinguisher and how to handle the extinguisher by putting out a simulated fire.
Learners who want to practice using a fire extinguisher can attend the final 20 minutes of the classroom course to receive hands-on use of a fire extinguisher. Check the calendar schedule or call (515) 294-5359. (The practice time is not a recorded training.)
4. Save the completed certificate in the following Canvas assignments. Please name the file with your LastName_FirstName_Fire SafetyAndFireExtinguisherTraining.
5. After this is completed, you will receive access to the rest of the modules in the course.